Sunday, December 7, 2008

My favorite weekend of the year...

Friday night - My work party! It is so much work to plan my work party. I love every minute of it though. I will have to upload my pictures... later though. This year we had my uncles band "Joe Friday" come... Oh my gosh, it was so much fun. Most of the guys would not dance but the girls... we had a great time together. What a fun night!

Saturday Day - CRAZY!!!
  • Alyssa's Soccer Game at 9:00am
  • McDonald's with my Parents at 10:00am
  • Finish making creamy chicken noodle soup at 10:30am
  • Young Women's leadership training at Stacey Benson's at 11:00am
  • Boutique with my Friends at Chelby's at 12:30pm
  • Cameron's Soccer Game at 1:45pm
  • Make Treat for Neighborhood Food Drive at 3:30pm
  • Neighborhood Food Drive at 4:00pm - 6:00pm
  • Dinner at Barbacoa at 6:15pm
  • Kenadee Morrell's Nutcracker Ballet at 7:30pm
  • Shopping for Family Fondue Party at 10:00pm
  • Start preparing Young Women's Christmas Lesson at 11:30pm
  • Bed at 1:00am - Yawn!!!! Glad that day is OVER!!!
Sunday - I got up and finished my young women's lesson while my kids and Steve decorated our 2nd tree right behind me... I loved the sound of their reminiscing about the ornaments. So cute. We rushed to get ready for church and get there. Sacrament was so great. Steve bore his testimony... it is always fun to hear what your spouse is thinking about and pondering. I love to publicly hear his testimony. In Sunday school I sat by Lisa W. I really love the family relations class. I have learned so many great things. I know sometimes it doesn't look like it but I really am trying to be a better Mom. I love what I learn from the Shewell's - they are great teachers.

My dreaded lesson... I think that it turned out pretty good. When we left time for testimonies some of the girls actually got up to bare their testimonies. It was the first time since we have been in there that they have stood up. It is so sweet to hear their thoughts... I love them.

FONDUE - it is our absolutely our family's favorite tradition. We eat with Us, Steve's parents and real Dad, My parents and my siblings... I will for sure post pictures... they are great. We eat SO MUCH at Fondue. Bread dipped in Cheese fondue, Apples, Bananas & pretzels dipped in white chocolate, milk chocolate & caramel and steak, shrimp & chicken in oil to cook and then to top it off we have a spinach salad. Oh my gosh - I gained 20 pounds tonight!!!! YUM!!!

All in all it was a great weekend but BUSY! I am going to bed!

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Steve will stand up and bare his testimony but he wouldn't get up and shake his groove thang ? come on steve...what's up with that.

Good job on all of it by the by.
You always do such a good job.

Lisa said...

Wow! You did have an eventful weekend. How fun to have two of your favorite events in one weekend. Your work party and your fondue party.

What a great tradition for the whole family ... can't wait to see the pics!

Natalie said...

One day you'll have to give me the details on your fondue party (recipes) so I can try it. It sounds yummy! You are one busy woman!

Dayna said...

You need to slow down girl...but when actually does that happen for any of us?