Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Young Women Craftyness (is that a word)



So in Young Womens I am the second counselor. I get to welcome in the cute new beehives. I wanted to give them a little something when they come in. I give them a little sack with all of the "stuff" that they need in young womens but it didn't seem like enough.
  • personal progress book
  • personal progress journal
  • parents guide to young womens
  • for the strength of youth booklet
  • their favorite candy bar
All of this just didn't seem like enough. I started to think (and search the Internet) for some ideas. I came up with these little blocks that were a conglomeration (again is that a word) of ideas that I had seen online. Our 2009 youth theme is "Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity"(1 Timothy 4:12). In these blocks I just simply wrote "BE" and then on the little tag it says "thou and example 1 Tim 4:12". I painted the block and mod podged it. They are between 5" and 7" square. I think that they turn out pretty cute. The new little girls seemed to love them.

11 comments:

Dayna said...

Soooo cute! Wish my girls were in your ward :)

Natalie said...

I think they're so cute. Don't tell our Beehives. They'll BE so jealous!

DeDee said...

VERY cute! Glad Harley is on the mend, too.

Angie said...

Very cute!!!

Lisa said...

Super cute! Super Jennica cute! Lucky girls I bet they will be sitting in their houses one day faded, but holding such an important meaning that they can share with others. (That must be the stroke talking).

Anyways when are we going to do a GNO and make Holiday blocks?? Seriously! Natalie said she needs a GNO and your Mom and sisters could come too!

DeDe said...

Love it!!

K J and the kids said...

ok, so speaking of BE. I can't wait to see what you guys are going to "BE" for halloween.
Any hints ?

Chris and Malissa said...

Hello sweet Jennica! How are you and your family? Sure miss your inspirational spirit and fun chats! Take care.

Jelissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Positively Creative! said...

I love these...soo cute! Yeah we share the same calling..lol! Hope all is well, I just went out to lunch with your grandma on Tuesday...just love that woman!!

Jelissa said...

Your blogging skills have really deteriorated while I've been away. Shouldn't this be when you start blogging more?