Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Easter?


I realize that it is not Easter anymore. I have been so crazy that I haven't even had time to post about it. It is one of my favorite holidays. This year we went over to my Mom & Dad's House on Saturday to color eggs. Then my Mom & Dad gave us our Easter Baskets which included our Easter Clothes in them. My Mom has always bought the kids Easter Outfits and loves that part of it.

This year for Our parents baskets the kids helped us put together a cute basket full of 12 eggs. In each egg was a scripture and a symbol that represented the scripture. The last one just was an empty egg with the scripture that reads "He is risen". We also had made homemade chocolate covered Easter Eggs with Chelby and Steve's family. We gave each of them one of those too. That was a super fun but messy project.

Here is the cute outfits. We went with Kelly Green, Hot Pink, Cream and Black this year. It turned out so cute. I loved our outfits this year.

I was able to teach the Easter lesson in Young Women's. I taught about Christ's last week of life. I know that they always say that the teacher learns A LOT more than the student BUT for sure it is true this time. I love Christ and all that he has given me and my family. As I was thinking about my lesson and going through each day of that last week of His life... I got thinking about my weeks. I have my lists... as crazy as I may be each day... nothing I do ever compares to even one of his days... One of the things on his "To Do" list for that week was to hold the cross and walk the streets to get the cross to Calvary where he would then be nailed upon it. In the midst of his crazy schedule he took time to wash the feet of the disciples. As if he didn't have enough to do. I love him and the sacrifices that he made for me. I want to strive to be more patient, kind, service oriented, loving, spiritual and better for him.

He is not here: for he is risen, as he said” (Matt. 28:6)

Happy Easter!


4 comments:

Positively Creative! said...

Your kids are seriously too adorable...LOVE those matching colors..I recognize the skirt from my fav. place..downeast..lol. Very cute!
I am the same when it comes to teaching...I learn so much when I do..then I am even more grateful for mylife and where I stand..you are an amazing example to me!
Thanks girl!
love ya!

Natalie said...

I love your easter outfits. You guys always look so cute on Easter. Thanks again for sharing your awesome easter lesson with me.

Nancy K said...

Easter is such a great holiday! And yes, LOVE the outfits!

Blake said...

I love the matching outfits!