Sunday, April 26, 2009

I am officially the proud new owner of a teenager... Happy 13th Birthday Shawn!


Today is Shawn's 13th Birthday. I can't believe that I have a teenager. He is such a great kid. I love to have him in our family. Here are 13 reasons that he is great.

1. He saves his money and spends it wisely. He has already bought his first car. He bought my brother Jarred's old Toyota Land Cruiser to fix up for when he is 16.

2. He is the best big brother. He is an amazing example.

3. He is a fun friend and seems to get a long with everyone. (Maybe I am partial because I am his Mom)

4. He is an AMAZING son!


5. He is SUPER handsome. He is one of the best "dressers" and is stylish. (again I am his Mom)

6. He LOVES his phone.

7. He loves this Country and the Gospel.

8. He is Funny!
9. He is a pretty tender boy. He cares about peoples feelings.
10. He is always willing to help with projects.
11. He is a smart kid and really loves school.
12. He is VERY artistic. He loves to draw, take pictures and act.
13. We are so lucky to have him in our family. We love him.

Happy Birthday Bud. I hope you had a great day!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Great tribute, great kid hope he had a GREAT b-day!

Natalie said...

It's hard to believe that you've entered the teen years with Shawn! Holy cow! Happy birthday Shawn. Hope it's a great one.

Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!!! I still can't believe you are 13, where did the time go?

The first time I met you, you were so little and so brand new - you were laying on your dad's arm fast asleep.

It has been so much fun watching you turn into a fine young man.

We love you Shawn!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! And good luck, Steve and Jennica.... I'm sure he will be a good teenager and you will have nothing major to worry about. After all, he is going to be the prophet someday, right?

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Shawny!!

Kim said...

Really..he's 13? Are you sure? Man, where has the time gone. Happy b-day to Shawn.

Annie said...

serioulsy, i feel older every day!!! he is a great kid...happy birthday!

Dayna said...

Happy LATE birthday Shawn. And welcome to teenagehood Jennica...good times. NOT!!! He is a great kid. Ash is lucky to have him as a friend :)