Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Best Summer Vacation...

The BEST

"In choosing how we spend time as a family, we should be careful not to exhaust our available time on things that are merely good and leave little time for that which is better or best. A friend took his young family on a series of summer vacation trips, including visits to memorable historic sites. At the end of the summer he asked his teenage son which of these good summer activities he enjoyed most. The father learned from the reply, and so did those he told of it. 'The thing I liked best this summer,' the boy replied, 'was the night you and I laid on the lawn and looked at the stars and talked.'"

Elder Dallin H. Oaks


This was one of my favorite quotes from Conference. I love to listen to Elder Dallin H. Oaks. He is such a great speaker. I thought I would put this on my blog to help me remember what the most important things are in life. We had such a great summer with the kids. We did do a couple of vacations this summer but most of all we hung out and had a great time with each other. Sometimes I forget about those little important things in life.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I love that story. I definitely need to be reminded to slow down and enjoy the smaller moments with my kids. Thanks for the reminder.

cherie said...

Great thought. Thanks for posting it.

Julie said...

i needed that today. thank you.

musicmom said...

Thanks for the reminder. I needed it right now.