Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy (NO) Labor Day!


Happy Labor Day!
I am pretty sure that I have the strongest husband... He didn't drop me in the river on accident or on purpose... AMAZING!

So this year for labor day we decided to leave Sunday right after Shawn & Steve did fast offerings. We decided to take the kids up to Mirror Lake area and find a spot to camp.

Sometime during the trip I found Ashley and Cameron laying on our bed just looking out the window and having a cute little conversation. I really love the sibling bonding that you get on a family trip.

I am not sure what my eyes are doing. Weird! Maybe they are still glued shut from the long time that I slept in or maybe from the 2 hour nap that I took. Either way they look funny!

What a fun quick, unplanned camping trip. I love to spend time with my little family! We actually camped up in this same area about 7 years ago when Ashley was a brand new little baby! We took a family picture on a log just like this. We were even in the same order, only Ashley was in a baby car seat. It is weird to see what has happened in 7 years. Our kids are so old and big now. It really happens so fast. I love them. I love their ages right now. I wish time would slow down.

Happy (no) Labor Day! I hope yours was as fun as ours!

5 comments:

Jarred and Rachelle said...

FUN!! I am glad you guys got to go and get away!!

K J and the kids said...

It looks like you guys had a great time.
I think you need to find the picture...scan it and then do a side by side comparison. You know. for those of us who like that kind of thing :)

Julie said...

Awesome....I love impromptu vaca's.

Katrina said...

Fun! You are such a cute family and take such cute pics! It looks like you guys had a blast... and the concert tonight was a blast - great job!!

cherie said...

Great pictures to remember how quickly your family changes! Glad you had a fun mini vacation!