Saturday, February 27, 2010

Photography Class


So today I took a class with the cutest Photographer named Emilie. "Photos by Emilie". I love her style. My family actually knows her from the ward where my Dad was in the Bishopric. She has a great personality. She is someone I could totally hang out with. Oh ya and she takes amazing pictures.

So these pictures are some of the ones that I took. She had us take all of the pictures in "manual" setting. We learned a lot about Aperture, F-stop, shutter speed, and ISO. Which make a little more sense after today.

Her "subjects" that she brought in were so stinkin' cute which always makes it fun to take pictures. It helped so much to have her critiquing our pictures.

I was pretty overwhelmed because I am not that great... But I would like to do some homework and really practice and get good at this. It was super fun.

I am glad that I took the class - I can't wait to take another one from her.

3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

What an amazing opportunity.
You also have a houseful of great subjects that I'm sure would love to let you practice on.

One day I will learn how to open my aperture to take better pictures :) Or, you learn and then teach me ! PERFECT !

Janet said...

great photos! i took a photography class when hannah was a baby, just before the dawn of digital cameras. wish i could do it again because i go lost in all the photography lingo. i will be watching for more great photos from you...as if you don't have enough talents already.

SuperSpencer said...

How fun! I've always wanted to take a class and get a really nice camera! *sigh* Oh well, life goes on and I'm still young...someday! Have fun with your class!
xoxo Kim