Sunday, December 9, 2007

Denver...

It seems to me that the snow in Denver, CO is much, much colder than it is here. Maybe it is just because I was there and not here. We went to Denver for my Colorado Christmas Party. We ate at a restaurant called "The Capitol Grille". We had the most amazing mashed potatoes in the universe. I really liked the steak too but the mashed potatoes were great. I really like to eat.

I love that it has snowed for the holiday season. I love snow in December. Come January... no more snow. I do like it though in December.

While we were gone we had our really great neighbors doing nice things for us. Dean Morrell helped (I mean did it himself) my kids shovel the walks... when Darrell Pehrson saw that he was doing it by hand he came over and did the rest with a snow blower. Mogie DeMann made sure that Shawn came with him for the food drive and shoveling peoples walks and then took him to lunch at Arby's. Karen DeMann let Cameron come to play half of the day. I am sure that other things happened too that were great I just didn't hear about them. I really love our neighbors. We could not even hand pick any that were better. We are very blessed to have the neighborhood that we do. Everyone is so willing to help each other. I am glad that we live here.

We had a lesson on Joseph Smith today at church. It made me think about the movie downtown. If you haven't seen it yet... stop what you planned for Family Home Evening tomorrow and take your kids to see it. It is so good. I love Joseph Smith. He and Emma are two of my favorite role models. What a great lesson that Cindy Pehrson gave. I could listen and learn from her spirit all day long.

5 comments:

lizzie said...

you were in denver? so close!! okay, still 2 hours away, but closer...

natalie spratling said...

what would we do with out our great neighbors?

katie said...

My neighbors are great too. Some are a little more crazy than others but living by decent people makes a huge difference.

Jennica said...

Liz -
I actually thought about you while I was there.

We have an office in Denver. One of these days when I am there for a couple of days longer we will have to meet for lunch or something.

I hope you are doing well.
Jennica

Natalie said...

How fun to squeeze in a little Denver trip! You're neighbors are awesome. That's so nice that they took care of the walks and helped your kids while you were gone.