Monday, December 3, 2007

My favorite weekend - part 2

Okay second part to the weekend.

Every year on the first weekend of December we have the same three dinners.

First my work party. This year we had 186 people at it. It was a lot of work to get it ready. I booked the Grand America clear back in February. I have been working on the party off and on since then. This past month has been crazy getting the final touches done. We had a group called The Cadillacs come they were super fun. We gave our employees IPod Nano's... I hope that they all liked them. I know that I did.

Second our dinner with our friends that we travel with. We went to Ruth's Chris Steak House... there steak just might be my very favorite steak in the universe. It was such a relaxing dinner that I didn't have to plan or do anything for except to just get ready and show up. I always look forward to this dinner. It is just so fun to get together with friends for a great evening of talking and eating great food. Sorry I forgot to bring my camera for some pictures... next year.

Third our very very very favorite meal of the whole entire year is our annual fondue night that Steve's Mom started. She has invited our family since Steve and I got married. We now have it at our house because she is getting tired. Last night we had the biggest group that we have ever had. There were 16 if us.

My Mom & Dad, Steve's Dad, Steve's Mom & Step Dad, Jarred & Rachelle, Josh & Tori, Jelissa, and Steve & Me & the kids.

Okay you are now going to have picture overload.
Jarred and Rachelle STILL eating.
As you can see Steve's Dad's didn't want to leave the table either.
As you can see after dinner Josh didn't move a whole lot. We were seriously stuffed.
After dinner we always have a white elephant gift exchange. Here were some of the highlights... My pretty Christmas plaid dress with a mitten head band.
Shawn's HUGE bra and underwear set.
Cameron's picture of Jarred sportin a stylish mullet with steps on the sides.

A side from the fact that I gained about 900 pounds it was a great weekend. It is always our very very favorite of the WHOLE year.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

I remember you telling us about your fondue night. I need to get some recipes and try it. It sounds like a yummy tradition. By the way, I love your new jammies!

Jennica said...

yeah you would think they were jammies... no a beautiful dress.

Julie said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend...and Trents own Hell!! That would seriously be beyond overload for my poor husband. But wow...sounds like fun to me.

Annie said...

I think you could have a self portrait taken in that dress to display in your entryway!!! What a fun tradition!

natalie spratling said...

what a fun way to kick off the holidays, i'm with annie the out fit is a keeper.

Kelly said...

In looking at your fondue table, are those bowls on candle warmers or are they special fondue things?

Jennica said...

This year for the Chocolate, White Chocolate, Caramel & Cheese we tried something new. We bought new bowls (from Target of course) and just put them on candle warmers. It worked SO much better. Nothing burned. Just go buy "cute" new bowls(I am sure that was the trick - at least it's my excuse for new bowls). Then cook the fondue (Cheese, Chocolate, Etc) on the stove (I can give you the recipes) then they will stay warm on the table. It is my WHOLE family's (including kids) favorite meal of the year.