Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Basement update...

So here is the update... Tears and lots of them really help... it makes your husband not mad at all... in fact he probably thinks that you need therapy because you cried so much and you are not a cryer... It helps believe me I tried it.

So after having the carpet drying with six large fans since Sunday night... the carpet and pad are DRY... We are crossing our fingers in hopes that the wood and sheet rock are not damaged. When Cameron's wall collapses... I will let you know that wall WAS in fact damaged... but for now I think we are good.

Oh and for are lawn... it officially sunk in the area about 3 inches... that is how much water we had.

Just for the record... Steve did say "HOSE" not "HOSES"... I'm just sayin'! But he wasn't at all mad so I can't even try to pass blame...

6 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Good to know.
Had I but known I would have cried when Steve came over to check the air conditioner :) ha ha

Katrina said...

AAGGHH - what a crazy day(s). Not fun! Especially when you can't blame it on the kids.

Lisa said...

Yea!!! Good news, except for the lawn.

Amy Lou said...

Glad that everything cleaned up well. Bummer!!!

Natalie said...

I'm glad the carpet and pad are dry. Things are looking up!

Melissa said...

Ahhh I am sooo sorry! That sucks! If that ever where to happen again let me know because Eric can get a big industrial cleaner to suck up the water! Glad to hear it may turn out ok!