Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ramdom Days...


This is Jill (our Bishops Daughter) and Kali picking on Steve. They all love to tease each other. This picture just makes me laugh. Jill "pretending" to kiss his cheek and Kali just grossed out. What cute cute girls.

Mr. Cameron is just my lover boy. He is always telling me that he loves me so much and I am pretty and I am the best mom. I am telling you he makes my day!

I have been terrible at taking pictures lately. This is clear from Christmas... I need to be better at taking pictures and blogging.



Miss Ashley wasn't in the play last week. Her class wasn't old enough. I took this picture after the performance. She loves to be up on stage. Hopefully we can keep her doing plays and not "other" stage performances... ;)


Alyssa loves to perform more than anything... She is a natural. This is her second play. She starred as the part of a "cupid". She was super cute in it. She is becoming such a beautiful Young Lady.


This was Shawn's first time performing... I was so impressed. I had NO IDEA he could sing. He did a good job. He had to sing a duet twice with this cute girl... Mackenzie. I really love to watch my kids perform and do their sports... what a great time in our life.

Cameron had his first "real" pinewood derby. Steve sent him and Shawn into the office to search the Internet with some ideas for his car. They decided on an iPhone car... or should we call it a "car phone"... cute huh? He got the award for the "Most Technologically Advanced". Cute Cute Cute!

Last week in Young Women's Julie planned a super cute activity. We had a "Road Rally"/ scavenger hunt. We split up into teams. We had to capture everything on "film". One of the items was that one of the kids had to kiss someone on the cheek... So of course Shawn was the one that got volunteered and Ashley Velez was the one that got kissed... I am not sure how Dayna and I feel about this BUT it sure makes for a CUTE CUTE picture.

Last night for Young Women's we had Good Works Wednesday... I decided to take my little class to "visit the elderly". I didn't necessarily want to go to an old folks home so I decided to take the girls to visit Bertha. She is my neighbor from Midvale... I haven't seen her for a while. I was thinking that she was 98 years old... when we got there she told us that she is 99 YEARS OLD! Oh my gosh... in August she will be 100. She is still as funny and spry as ever. I made some fun comment and she said to my girls "do you have to always put up with her? She is a liar... don't believe a word that she says". She is just funny! She thanks us about a million times... but that wasn't the best part... when we got in the car I thought that I might hear some "glad that is done" type comments and instead I heard this... "that was one of my favorite YW ever" "Can we go see her next week too" "Let's invite her to our YW sometime" "WOW - she is funny and super fun"... I LOVED to hear that. It made me a little teary eyed to know these girls love her like I do. We are going to invited her to one of our activities and then for her birthday they want to make a big happy birthday card for her and get it over to her. Yay! What a great night.

After we got home we had a quick planning meeting and planned through June - what a great feeling to be planned out. I am so blessed for being in this calling. I love these young girls. I hope and pray that I can't influence their lives in some positive way like they have done for me.

So being the great "scrapbooker" that I am I totally for got my camera to take a picture with them and Bertha. I will do it for sure next time.

10 comments:

Dayna said...

Cute post...Shawn and Alyssa's play was really cute, and they both did an EXCELLENT job. Ashley just saw that picture, and quite frankly she turned BRIGHT red. She says she is going to "kick you!" lol. It is a cute picture, It just makes me feel like...I'm old!!!

Anonymous said...

That was a cute picture. Interesting how she looked a little red then too. Thanks for being good YW leaders!

natalie spratling said...

So fun that you took your girls to visit Bertha. I have not seen her for years. We so loved our visits wtih her. I can't believe will be 100 in August. Give her a hug from us when you see her again. Love seeing your family grow. Have a fabulous week.

Katrina said...

You do such a great job in YW. I bet you have a blast there and that the girls love you! I'm so excited for Kayley to join!

Jenn said...

I would love to rack your brain on some new yw activities. I am sad we missed the play, I failed to recall a meeting I had Thursday night, let us know if and when the next one is.

Natalie said...

I love to read about your young women activities. Great idea to do a Good Works Wednesday!

Kelly said...

You lead a busy life woman! Cute picture of Shawn and Ashley. Why was she at your YW activity? I'm sure Shawn and Alyssa were awesome in the play. I think we will see great things out of them in high school!

Blake said...

It's so fun to see your kids so involved in so many things! What a blast. I hope you're all having the time of your life together.

newsinaminute said...

The song you and steve did sat night at the ward party was so good
one of my favorite songs and it made me happy to hear you two sing it. tell steve we think he is a terrific guitar player--I know it took courage for you to do that--now your kids will be even more brave to try things (cause mom did a brave thing) way to go--one of our favorites of the evening!!

Lisa said...

Hello my name is Jennica and apparently I have lost the will to update my blog.

Depsite my trip to see Grandma and Grandpa in Phoenix and other happenings in my busy life, I have chosen to leave you out of them.

Too bad so sad for you,
Signed Jennica