Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kids Activities...

So when Steve and I first were parents with Shawn my little sister was about 9-10 years old (even older). We would go to her all-star softball games once in a while with my Mom and Dad. They had night after night game after game practice after practice. Steve and I would comment "when our kids are older we are not going to let their activities run our lives... we are the parents and we just won't go to everything". Now remember we barely had one kid and we knew EVERYTHING... right? Let me tell you my new, as of tonight weekly schedule, just as far as after school:

Monday: Singing, Achievement Days, Soccer Practice, FHE
Tuesday: Soccer Practice, Karate
Wednesday: Scouts, Soccer Game, Scouts... again
Thursday: Singing, Soccer Practice, Karate
Friday: Soccer Game
Saturday: Soccer Game, Soccer Game

I am not sure when we will fit in PTA, work, volunteering, laundry, church callings, house cleaning... oh and sometime we have to eat too.

Just as long as our kids don't run our life... Steve and I are still totally in control. We will at least keep telling our self that.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Busy, busy girl! I don't know if I could manage that kind of schedule.

natalie spratling said...

Keep telling yourself you are totally in control. It is amazing how much time one can spend in the car.

Andrea Griggs said...

Ha ha! It's amazing how busy kids are these days! Good luck with all your many activities.

K J and the kids said...

Oh honey you should have asked me. I DO know everything...and I know how to beat the system. Have them at the same time, that way they are in the same stuff at the same time at the same place. 2 birds, 1 stone. :)

If they don't want to do the same things, you ask ?...well then....now that isn't going to work is it.
Moms Rule : everybody does the same thing at the same time at the same place or NOBODYS DOING ANYTHING !
(Throw in the word damn throughout the conversation and watch how they all realize the true gravity of moms words and decide to.....just stay home and play video games) And then on top of it all, you've just saved all of that money ! WOO HOO !

I TOTALLY KNOW EVERYTHING RIGHT !

Lisa said...

LOL! I have to have AT LEAST one night a week with no commitment. Just to chill at home with the family.

That is a crazy schedule .. I don't know how you do it all.

katie said...

I'm already feeling that that is going ot be my schedule in a few years. It scares me.

DeDee said...

It's totally the truth, but I can't figure out what to cut even if I wanted to. Advice to new moms: Make sure you get a comfortable car.

Jenn said...

one word.....DITTO!