Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just checking in on a Sunday Night!

So this morning I was catching up on all your blogs around 9:40am and my phone rings... for whatever reason... my stomach dropped (you know the feeling right)... I thought "I am getting called to the Young Women's presidency (note: I hadn't even looked who was calling). I looked at the caller ID and the phone said "Church of Jesus" . I picked it up. Here is the call I had with the second counselor in the Bishopric... Glenn Phillapoom.

Jennica: ...Hello
Glenn: Um Jennica are you coming to your meeting?
Jennica: Uh - I would totally be at my meeting if I had known about it.
Glenn: Well how fast can you get over here?
Jennica: I have to just throw a dress on... I will be right there.
Glenn: Oh ya - don't forget to bring Steve with you.

My thought - oh great what is it... my second thought... I KNOW that I am being put into the Young Women's Presidency. I just knew.

Well we got dressed in record time and ran over there.

I was called to the Young Women's Presidency... (I just felt it)

Stacey Benson is the President (She moved into the Decker's old house and is also Leigh Ann's sister in law) I walk with Stacey every morning and I really love her already... I can't wait.

Julie Smith is the 1st Counselor - I have loved Julie since the first time I met her. She is just such a great role model for me. I can't wait to be with her too.

I am the 2nd counselor - I am sure that I am not as qualified as the others but I will learn.

Lisa Wilcken is the secretary - We go way way way back. You know as far back as when her and Steve dated. We know EVERYTHING there is to know about each other and we still love each other. She is just like a sister to me. Again - I can't wait to be with her too.

As you can tell... I really lucked out in the great women category. They are all amazing and I can't wait to get to know them on a much better level.

We have huge shoes to fill... Jami Morrell was the President before Stacey and her and her counselors were amazing. They did a great job and the girls just LOVE them. We will be asking them often for their help. Have a great break guys... you are amazing women... you will have a different calling quick.

I am excited and scared for this new endeavor.

20 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! You are perfect for that calling and the girls will love you!

Did I read that right Steve wore a dress?

I wish you the best of luck with your busy week!!!

LOVE YOU!!!

Jennica said...

LOL! I changed it to "dressed". But wouldn't the Bishopric be shocked if he had wore a dress?

Natalie said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! You have the same calling as me, so we can swap ideas and stories. You're YW presidency sounds fantastic. You have some lucky YW in your ward. Congrats!

DeDee said...

I LOVE YW! So much fun! Good luck with Beehives! :) I'm sure you will be awesome.

Jenn said...

Congrats! Sounds like you have a great Presidency and a great legacy to follow! Good Luck!

Annie said...

you have some VERY lucky girls!!! i'm jealous for them to have you!!! you will do sooo well. enjoy it.

Kim said...

Jennica,
Congrats & good luck. You'll do a great job. YW is a challenge, especially outside of "Zion". I am the YW pres. in my ward and I had no idea how much was involved in this calling. This Saturday I get to drive an hour, one way, to take the YW to a dance. YIKES! I've really learned to appreciate what my YW leaders did for me when I was that age. I know you've served in YW before so this should be a cinch. Enjoy!

Kim

K J and the kids said...

My suggestion, being the "ring leader" in YW, and not a very nice one.
Always bring food/treats.

Julie said...

I am way excited to serve with you, Stacy and Lisa too. We will have a lot of fun and I am sure a lot of stress too. Yay!!

Jenny said...

You will do such a great job!!! I loved serving in the YW

cherie said...

Congrats!! I love that you knew the call was coming! You'll be great!

Jeri said...

what a perfect calling for you. I just read a post on another blog that I think you'll like. (she's in young womens and is talking about some fo the challenges these YW face ona daily basis and how she addresses them boldly.) Here's the link if youwant it. http://cranberrycorner.blogspot.com/2008/08/troubled-years-triumphant-years.html

Melissa said...

Congrats! That will be an awesome calling! You will be great!

Leigh and Buck said...

Congrats!! You WILL be great and the girls will love you!

newsinaminute said...

couldn't be happier--some of my happy memories are from being the YW Pres and serving in other positions within YW. You probably don't even remember me predicting it --before now but I've often told my family that you would surely have a great impact as a YW leader--so enjoy and know you have our vote of sustaining and of confidence///they don't come any better than you and I mean it.!!
(PS--funny before you know it the girls you worked with in acheivement days will move to YW and you will already have established a repore with them--

Kelly said...

You've been feeling this was coming for awhile now, haven't you? So does this mean anything for Steve's calling? We all know you are meant for this calling and will do an amazing job, especially with the counselors/president you have to work with. Have so much fun!

Leigh and Buck said...

I hope the girls in your ward know they are the luckiest young women in the church! I can not think of three better teachers of young women then you and Julie and Stacey. Those girls are in for a treat. I wish I was in young womens!
Sure do miss all of you.

Buck

Leigh and Buck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelby said...

WAY Way Fun. I must say I am a little jealous I would love to serve with the YW, but as far as I can see I may never graduate from Primary. I hope you have lots of fun. I know the girls will love you. What a great example of how to be a YW who know and loves the Lord and still finds joy in the journey.

Dayna said...

You are so lucky! I loved YW. It was seriously the best calling I havae ever had.What a fun Presidency! You guys will be so fun!