Monday, February 25, 2008

Couples Bonko...

I love it!

I love our friends, we have such a great fun set of friends in our Bonko group.

Our group has been together since Cameron was 8 months old (he is almost 8 years old now). There are eight of us in the group. Every couple of times we bring our husbands. This is my favorite, although I really love it with just the girls, I just love to see our husbands interact with each other.

Kelly & Zach Sharples
Natalie & Ben Dansie
Nicole & Jason Skowronek
Lisa & Callin Lindsay
Leigh Ann & Buck Taylor
Jenn & Eric Wells
Mindy & Brian Rose
Me & Steve

Those are the couples that we hang out with on a monthly basis. This last time two of our "regulars" couldn't come so we had "sub's" We had Jami & Dean Morrell and Nicole & Paul Shipley.

This time we had the party at our house. When we have "couples" we always go out to eat first and then back to the house to play. We went to Texas Roadhouse. It was super great. I had pulled pork. I saw a lot of steaks around me too... they looked yummy. We were pleasantly stuffed.

After dinner we came back to my house. I bought really great candy (at least I thought), drinks, and prizes. We play 4 rounds for 15 minutes each usually with a drink break in the middle.

The prizes were: Date Night Theme.

1st - $60 - Princess Bride Movie, Super soft blanket, treats, drinks, & spray whipped cream
2nd - $40 - Princess Bride Movie, Blanket, treats, drinks, & spray whipped cream
3rd & 4th - $20 - Princess Bride Movie, Treats, drinks
Booby Prizes - $5 - spray whipped Cream & Shower Gel

Kelly & Zach - You are a super talented couple. You always seem to have it all together. Your house and everything are just decorated awesome.

Natalie & Ben - You are just so much fun. Natalie you are the most organized person that I know. You guys are just fun to hang out with.

Nicole & Jason - You guys are always so nice. What a great couple you are. Nicole - You are just a cute, stylish Mom.

Lisa & Callin - So much I could say about you... you are our "oldest" friends in the group. We have had so many memories together. I love you guys.

Leigh Ann & Buck - You are the strongest couple that I know. Super brave. I love what sacrifice your family makes for our country. I love the love you have for each other... it shows.

Jenn & Eric - You guys are the most stylish couple that I know. You both are always perfectly put together.

Mindy & Brian - You guys are the nicest couple . You are super great, involved parents.

I will also list our "sub's"

Jami & Dean - I love to be your neighbors. You guys teach us (by example) so many spiritual ways to lead our family.

Nicole & Paul - I love how spunky that you both are - you add fun to everything.

There are SO many more reasons that I love each and every one of you but if I listed them all we would be here all night.

Thank you for each and every thing that you bring to the table... bonko table that is. We have gone through and taught each other so many things over the years . I am grateful for them all... good and bad... we have grown from them all.

I love you guys.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Aaaaaaa... I wasn't expecting that, what a nice way to end my day. We really do have a great group of friends and I love you all!

Natalie said...

Thank you for your kind words. Bonko is always so much fun. I love our group.

Natalie said...

Oh yeah. You forgot about the kinky chocolate game you gave out with the booby prizes.

Kelly said...

What a great Bonko tribute post! Thanks!

Julie said...

Well geez, now I feel bad I am not in your bonko group. I think you need to write a tribute to me and Trent...but then all you might say is how annoying Trent is when he has mustard in his hands. You do have a good group of friends. Your prizes sound like they were a hit.