Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just wanted to say how much I love and appriciate my husband today (and every day).

On Monday Steve had surgery (Hernia). He has put it off for about 5 years. He finally decided that he should do it. I realize everyday how much he does for me BUT when he is down and can't lift anything over 10-15 lbs for 6 weeks I really started to realize how much he does that I don't even thank him for everytime.

Here is just a few things.

1st - Plowing the snow. Luckily Dean Morrell has come and done it a couple of times so I didn't have to do it ALL by my self... THANK YOU DEAN! Also after Steve saw me shovelling for a little while he decided to teach Shawn how to use the four-wheeler with the plow on it. It isn't done perfectly... but it is done, thanks Shawn... you are the man!

2nd - Taking the garbage to the street through 2 feet of snow while the NICE hispanic workers across the street stop what they are doing to come closer to WATCH me... yes you heard me to WATCH ME trudge through the snow to take it out to the street. I am glad that my husband usually does that too.

3rd - Being awake all of the time to just sit and talk to. When he is all drugged up on pain killers we don't get as many LONG conversations in.

4th - Being awake so we can watch more of season one of PRISON BREAK... if you haven't started this you really need to. I REALLY don't like TV BUT I LOVE THIS SHOW! Well it really is addicting. We love having DVD Date night and watching this.

He does a whole lot more I just figure you are probably tired of hearing me complain about being a single mom with 4 kids and a really sick (hurting) husband and a dog that was just neutered.

Other than that we had a really great Valentine's Day. I went to the kindergarten party for Ashley. I just had to read a story. Then her and I went to lunch with Steve, my Mom, my Dad, and my brother Josh at Pei Wei. After that we ran to Target (last minute dinner stuff), then to Cameron's Class for his manners party. He had to wear dress clothes to school so he chose his grey suit and pink dress shirt and black tie (he looked super handsome)My mother-in-law was the one to teach them about manners (it really was cute), then we went to Shawn's class to bring chocolate cake with whipped cream and candy coated kisses on top MMMmmmmm.

When we got home we straighted the house up a bit to get ready for our "romantic dinner" for the 6 of us. The kids all helped me make salad, steak (fillet), shrimp, bread with cheese fondue, apples, strawberries, & bananas with white & milk chocolate fondue, and parmasan noodles. The kids helped every bit of the way from start to finish. We let daddy rest on the couch while we prepared it. Then we woke him up to eat. We ate by candle light and used our very best manners that Cameron taught us from his manners day today.

After dinner the kids opened their Valentine presents from Mom & Dad. We got the boys both a new watch and cologne and we got the girls a new red purse and perfume.

Steve isn't suppose to drive yet so he made me a CD of about 18 songs that are all love songs... it it really cute and very sweet. I really didn't think he would do anything because of his surgery. I was surprised. he said he did it yesterday. He said all of the LOVE songs that he put on remind him of me.

I LOVE MY VALENTINE. I can't wait until he is back to his old self. I miss him.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! What a romantic man you have there. I would love to hear if my husband thinks of me when listening to songs. Oh yeah he told me that I am his Hot Mama. You should watch the youtube video of Trace Adkins Hot Mama. Thats me baby. Maybe I will put it on my blog. Anyway Happy Valentines I love hearing how you celebrate holidays you always do amazing things.

Lisa said...

Sweet......way to go Steve. Get feeling better soon!
Reading about your dinner just made me HUNGRY!! That sounds so good ... everything, but the shrimp.
Happy Valentine's Day! I am glad you got some help shoveling.

katie said...

Wow. Can I come to your house next year for Valentines dinner?

Natalie said...

Your Valentine's day sounds like it was really fun. The romantic dinner sounds delicious.

I hope Steve recovers quickly. Hernia surgery is no fun. My brother had it and it was awful. You really do realize how much your husband does for you when he's out of commission for a while, huh?

Annie said...

I watched half an episode of Prison Break once...it was the one that was in Tooele County. Really, I recognize a lot of the scenes. It was kind of funny.

Manners class?? What a good idea!

Andrea Griggs said...

What a sweet man! That's so thoughtful. I'm glad you had a good Valentines day. Thanks for the invitation to your blog, it's good "seeing" your family again. I hope Steve recovers quickly.

Cindy said...

Sounds like life at home is not quite as fun as on the cruise, but thank goodness for the cruise so you have all those great memories. Adorable books, I would not have expected anything less from you, you are an amazing woman.