Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our "new" diet!

Tonight when we were eating over at my parents house my Dad asked all of us kids how much we weighed and what we would like to weigh. Fun topic at dinner right? After dinner he became missing for about a half hour... when he came back he had graphs/charts for each of us with our starting weight and each friday where we should be. We are having our final date the last week of April... 10 weeks. I told him that I wanted to loose 8 pounds... I guess that I can do it.

Here is the catch. If we make it, he will take us to Hawaii at the end of April. Obviously we will have to be sort of "on track" for him to book it.

Before all of this started Miss Alyssa and I had been already talking about being healthy and eating healthier. We are going to tell each other when we see each other "cheating" or eating unhealthy. It is fun to have the whole family wanting to do it together.

Also - last Wednesday my sister informed me that at the end of April we are going to run a half marathon together... I guess I will train with her and see how it goes. I ran 2 miles the other day and thought that I would DIE... or had DIED!

I am telling you guys all of this so that you can "catch" me flying off of the wagon and STOP me! Remind me about Hawaii.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Jennica's Dad - I want to loose 15 lbs - can I come? I could do it by the end of April with that motivation.

K J and the kids said...

Hey Jennica's dad. I'm looking to put on close to 60 lbs can I come.

Oh....and I'd like to know what the goal was for Greece.
JEEZE !!!
(again uttering jealous obscenities under my breath)

Andrea Griggs said...

Wow-that's amazing! I'm sure you can do it. Enjoy Hawaii!

Julie said...

It sounds like you need to come work out with us on MWF. See you there. Is your dad taking the kids too? Or just the adults. And will he only take those who make it, so will you be leaving half your family home???

Jennica said...

They said that they would take the kids too if we wanted them too... With that deal I am secretly trying to NOT loose the weight but have the kids still go. I will just stay here and have my own vacation. LOL!

I would imagine that he will still take us even if we don't loose the weight but wouldn't I be surprised if he didn't.

Natalie said...

Now that's what I call motivation! Hawaii, here you come!

Jenn W. said...

That sounds fun! Your dad always takes you all on the most amazing trips! Tell Mike I will lose weight too if I can come! :)

Katrina said...

Wow that is awesome. Not that you need to lose any weight but it is good to set goals and good luck with the half marathon I have heard from many marathon runners that if you can run a half marathon then your can make it through a whole one so I am looking froward to seeing you run in a marathon!!! lol

Kelly T, that's me! said...

Hey, you may do this already, but.... Jeremy is losing some weight and the main thing he is doing is simply not eating anything two hours before he goes to bed. Just a thought...