Sunday, October 19, 2008

What makes me quirky...

Jenn B. this one is for you...

Definition of quirk:n.1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe.2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.

Rules:
Link the Person who Tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.

I have OCD characteristics so this should be fun.

1. Just like Lisa W. I shower the same everyday. I wash my hair, rinse, then condition... while the conditioner is setting I shave... first my right leg, then left then my right pit, then my left last I shave my bikini line... finally I rinse my hair.

2. I have to put chapstick on every night before bed if I forget I can't sleep until I get up and put it on.

3. I am a big list maker... I love my grocery list especially to look good. When my family writes something down on the list that I need to get... I have to re-write the whole list... It has to be how I like it.

4. I have to shave my legs AT LEAST once a day. I hate even the slightest stubble.

5. I have to have all the chairs pushed in the same at the table. It doesn't matter if it is my table or a table at the furniture store... they have to be the same.

6. I like my cans in the cupboard to all face the same way with the brand facing out and the cereal boxes to all face the same way with the nutrition label facing out... NOT because I read the label but because it looks more uniform.

Bonus quirk... I LOVE it when my whole family dresses in the SAME colors scheme. It makes it easy in the likely chance that I take pictures then I can scrapbook easier and everyone can match the paper.

Are we still friends... I know I am weird!

I tag all of you who are reading this and haven't done it yet. These are fun to read and they make me feel a whole lot more normal when I hear the things that you do. So if you haven't done it... now is the time.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! I still love you!!

I seem to remember a grocery clerk asking if you kept your grocery list because it was so pretty... lol!

The color scheme one - just makes me laugh and laugh because of scrapboking with you... oh good times!

Jenn said...

One of my first memories when I met you was learning that you matched your families outfits. I turned to someone (at bonko) and said is she for real? Does she really do that? It seem like it would take a lot of time and effort to coordinate everyone....but I am a witness to your darling scrapbook pages that all match and are amazing. I love your quirkiness....too funny.

K J and the kids said...

I knew I liked you. I have all of these same issues.
Oh and more. and I'm sure you do too :)
I think there is medication we are both supposed to be on. just sayin'

Julie said...

I really can't understand why I am friends with you....I still love you but its a confused kind of love. WE are so different in so many ways. I will....do this post. I have been tagged by my cousin Heather, by Melissa and now by you. hmmmm....the guilt is getting to me.

Kamille said...

Umm - I don't know if I can talk to you anymore. Please don't ever look in my pantry or watch me shower.

Dayna said...

OCD...You? No way. I am a bit OCD myself in some ways, so it is nice to hear other peoples weirdness!

Leigh and Buck said...

That settles it! You are certifiable! Have you thought about therapy? It might help you relax a little. But then you might change and that wouldn't be any fun for the rest of us. Because we love you just the way you are! I'm REALLY glad we are not in high school any more. Thanks for everything you really are wonderful!

Buck