Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Steve & Jason Mraz...

So about a month ago Steve said to me...
"I guess I better tell you... I am surprising the kids with tickets to see Jason Mraz in concert"
I was equally as excited as I hoped that the kids would be. I love Jason Mraz.
Well the concert was tonight. When the kids got home from school I told them that they could play for a tiny bit and then they had to shower and get ready in nicer jeans and shirts and Dad was taking us somewhere. I got a whole lot of "shower... in the middle of the day" "what... I want to play with my friends" "do I really have to go?" ....oh my gosh and to think that we still do nice things (like surprises) for our kids.

While we were sitting at dinner they were trying to guess where we were going. They all decided that it was to Hollywood Connection to their movie theater to see High School Musical 3 because the boys haven't seen it.

While we were walking over to the "theater" they realized that Jason Mraz was in town... "oh that sounds like so much fun can we go... can we go"... so Steve said "OKAY!!!"

They were like "what... are we really not going to HSM3? The only one at this point SUPER excited was Shawn... he couldn't wait. Finally we "talked" them into being excited. We ended up having so much fun. About four songs into the concert Ashley was so tired that she fell asleep on my lap. I asked her (in her sleep) if she liked the concert and shook her head yes! Well I guess money well spent ... right?




12 comments:

Leigh and Buck said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Jason Mraz! Looks like you had a great time and that is so cool of you to take your kids! You guys rock!

Kelly said...

I don't think I've ever heard of a whole family going to see a concert. That definitely puts you and Steve in the Rock-On Parents Club!

Melissa said...

So I must be old who is he?

Dayna said...

I think that is awesome! What a fun night. How do you fit everything in?

Natalie said...

What a neat surprise for your kids! Ashley looks so excited in the pictures with you and Steve.

DeDee said...

What a fun dad! Yeah, you guys are definitely in the "cool parent" club.

K J and the kids said...

Do you want to know why I'm a loser and you're not.
NOT because you TOTALLY do fun and spontaneous things with your kids.
NOT because you showered.
NOT because your children are all well groomed and happy.
But because I have NO IDEA who Jason Mzrea?? whatever his name is.
No clue.

You guys rock !

The Beesley Family said...

Jennica, I so glad I got to see you- randomly when I was there visiting! You are so cute, I miss you!

katie said...

Love Jason Mraz. Glad you got to go!

Lisa said...

I am in the uncool parent club, who is Jason Mraz?

How fun for your kids!

cherie said...

LOVE Jason! I got to see him a few years ago in NY on one of the Today show concerts. I caught his guitar pick and my friend and I ran around to get pictures with all the band members.
Glad the family enjoyed it.

Amy Lou said...

Parents of the year, you and Steve are great at these BIG fun surprises!