Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Brother...

Today is Jarred's 31st Birthday.

I looked all morning for a birthday gift. I couldn't find anything that he didn't already have. When we ate lunch together I said to him "I NEED HELP! What would you like for your birthday?" he said "I already told you... I want you to make me 3 cushions for my window seats - If you really loved your brother you wouldn't waste time with a worldly gift... you would make one from your heart"... OK - that is great and all but if any of you really know me you know that I CAN'T SEW... Steve does... well that doesn't help because he works. I procrastinated and now what. A store bought gift just wont do.

I went to JoAnn's to see if I would miraculously learn how to sew... nope. Nothing happened. I decided after wasting a whole lot of time that I would home make a HUGE fleece blanket for his motor home. It was 8 feet by 8 feet. I had to have my mom sew the straight stitch down the middle. Then Jelissa came over to help cut and tie it... We had a big whopping 1 hour to do it in... impossible... NO we did it. We set it up on my front lawn and tied it all... and guess what I think that he even loved it... it wasn't the cushions but it worked.

All the adults in the family went to dinner at Market Street and then went to see "THRILLER". If you haven't seen it... GO!!!!! It was AWESOME! I think that I am going to start taking an adult dance class after seeing it. I REALLY MISS DANCE. Shawn and Alyssa co-babysat... they did so great. They even had Cameron & Ashley in bed. They said "they had a little bit of a hard time getting to sleep but they finally did it". I said "what time was that?" they said "well we put them in bed a 7:40pm and they didn't fall asleep until 8:00pm"... uh are you kidding I don't EVER get them in bed before 9:00pm... "WAY TO GO YOU TWO... YOU ARE AWESOME IN MOMS BOOK!" How cute is that. They had the pizza cleaned up, kitchen and living room cleaned up and they were on the couch watching a movie together. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!

What a great time in our life.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

How do you keep Shawn and Alyssa from fighting? Whenever we try that, Emmy always calls us in tears saying that Connor was being mean.

You should have called me for the window seat cushions. I THINK I could have helped you. I'm in the middle of a sewing frenzy right now doing Emmy's Halloween costume.

I love Thriller! This is the first year in a long time that we didn't do Witches Night Out with the Sharples and go see that. I'm going to take my kids next year, I think. I'm glad you had fun!

Jennica said...

For what ever reason when we are gone they are usually better with each other... but then they are not usually the ones who fight when we are here either... They like to both be the "pre-teen" and they talk with each other about "pre-teen" stuff. Also I think that because they are only two years apart in age they have more of the same interests.

I want to take my kids next year to thriller too.

Natalie said...

Good job on the birthday gift. I'm impressed. I wouldn't know how to sew anything. It's not my thing.

I have never seen Thriller. I'm probably one of the few people who hasn't seen it.