Sunday, October 21, 2007

Stake Conference

Today we had Stake Conference. We were planning on going to our own Stake when Steve's Mom & Dad invited us to go to the conference center to their stake conference. It was a multi-stake conference that included 107 stakes. Our stake was going to be watching it on satellite. We figured that it would be an awesome experience for the kids to go there and get to see & hear the Prophet in person. President Hinckley was presiding. It was an awesome experience. While we were sitting there waiting, the doors down at the front opened up. All of a sudden, the congregation was standing. I thought that it was such a great spirit in the room when he entered. Everyone was so quiet. It was so cute to see someone holding his elbow to help him to his seat. When we sang "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet" for our rest hymn it was different just knowing that he was in the room. President Hinckley has always been one of my favorites... even when he wasn't a Prophet yet. I just love his cute sense of humor. He spoke about marriage. What a great talk. It really made me want to be a better wife & mom. He was so so great. He reminded us to get up, get dressed, look cute for our husbands, take care of our self... (OK, so not in those words). Anyway, I always leave conferences like that feeling like I want to try a little harder and be a better person.

Our kids were so great at the conference. I had printed off some papers with church word searches, pictures to color, mazes, etc. They really loved it. We went with my Mom & Dad, Steve's Mom & Dad, Jelissa & 3 of her roommates.

It was kind of nice to be done with church at 12:00 noon. We came home and watched a movie with the kids & Steve and I. We all got our comfy clothes on and snuggled on the couches. The kids don't have school tomorrow so we get to sleep in and hang out all day. What a great Weekend.

3 comments:

Catrina said...

I feel the same way about President Hinckley. He's a great man! I like how he told the wives to stop complaining. It's so awesome you could go to the Conference Center.

Natalie said...

I always feel so good after listening to conference talks (stake, regional or general). I always feel like there was something meant just for me.

Enjoy the lazy day today!

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool that you got to go. It was good. I even felt like a lot of that was just for me. Ok I do complain sometimes! I took notes. My dad had to razz jess about texting. Did you hear that comment.