Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Is everyday crazy?

Today my friend Nicole and I were in charge of the Room Parent Orientation at school. First of all I love to volunteer at my kids school... don't get me wrong... but this was maybe the worst PTA job you could ever volunteer for. I wont ever do it again. It was so much work for a quick 45 minute (at the most) meeting with the teachers and the mom's. We typed, typed and typed to get ready for it. In all both of us worked for about 28 hours each on it. It is over YEA! Now I can move on the the next project of craziness.

We have such great neighbors. I just love this neighborhood. Every year at this time (the weekend before Halloween) we have a soup, bread, and dessert night with the neighborhood at our house. Then after we have a spook alley at the DeMann's. The first year it was just little and every year it has grown... to now this year we are going to have a scary chainsaw man - We had a brainstorming meeting tonight at the Decker's and then we have a second one next Wednesday (didn't I say that it grew). It really is fun and the kids just look forward to it.

I love this time of year. It is my very favorite time of year with sweaters, jeans, boots, soup, homemade rolls, colored leaves... I could go on and on and on. What a great season.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe that yesterday's room parent meeting required that much work on your part! I thought it turned out really great. You did a good job.

Can someone in your circle move? I want to live in your fun neighborhood. Your Halloween festivities sound like lots of fun!

Julie said...

I love that I live in your neighborhood. You will make a very stylish witch this Halloween. I will do my best to match you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy how things turn out to be so much more work than you think? I always think I can handle it until it comes!
I'm excited for the witches! and for the next planning meeting!
P.S.I think the director wants to invite the whole world to the hauntings.

Tiffany said...

Your party sounds so fun! What a great neighbor you are. Won't you please move by me???