Friday, January 18, 2008

Shawns Karate Test pictures & My scrapbook room

This is a picture of Shawn in the middle of the test. He did so great. We were proud of him. For the presentation of the Black Belt he now has to wait for 6 months to prove that he is ready for the belt and that he is not just in karate to get the black belt and then quit.

GO SHAWN!


This is a picture of MASTER LIM that started and owns the karate place. We only see him when we test.


NOW... my scrapbook room has been done for about a year to a year and a half. Over the last few months it has become the go to room if something doesn't have a home... "just set it on the craft room table... we will figure out where it goes later"... OK you can imagine the mess... HUGE! Lets just say we could hardly walk into it.

So... Steve can only take a mess for so long then he gets sick of it... even if it is not "his" mess. This became the case on Wednesday Evening at about 11:00pm.

Thursday night at about 430pm I walked to my craft room and before I open my door to it I took a DEEP breath to brace my self and get ready for the mess... I opened the door and this is what I saw...






You can imagine my surprise especially since I had just been in the room on Wednesday Night and it DID NOT look like this. I ran out to the car to ask Steve when he had done this surprise...

He had stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG the night before to clean the room... not just surface clean but he went through all of the cupboards, drawers, closet EVERYTHING. He said he stood at each area and thought "if I were a girl and I scrapbooked how would I want it organized". He even made the kids a whole craft area of just their very own stuff. He also hung new shelves that I had bought clear back in July.

I was SHOCKED and AMAZED. It looks so great. I can't even wait to use it. The girls and I are going to scrapbook tonight. We can't wait. The boys will probably work on their radio controlled cars... it is a little more manly.

Steve is always doing such cute things like this for me. THANK YOU BABE ~ I LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Steve better get some serious "booty" for that! Dang way to go -- hey my whole house needs to be cleaned like that and Jennica will give you some serious booty on my behalf!

Jennica said...

I guess that the scrapbook room wasn't all... he did the whole house too. Oh ya... and the laundry!

natalie spratling said...

what a guy! i just dream of the day that i have a scrapbook room...mine adorns the kitchen table for weeks and then i put it away when we finally decide to eat at the table. someday i'll have a room:)

jenn said...

What a man! And what a woman! I think I would have a hard time letting someone else organize my stuff, as that is one of my favorite things to do....when I find the time! It turned out great lets scrapbook!

Natalie said...

I love the pink and brown walls. Steve is awesome for cleaning everything and organizing it for you.

Congrats to Shawn on his black belt test!

katie said...

Seruiusly, I need a bigger house. I love your room. I need people to get together with to scrap. Tammy Morgan is starting her group at Hale Theater again next month to which annie, Jenny, and I will be going. you should come.

K J and the kids said...

Seriously ! I mean really. He just cleaned it and organized it and EVERYTHING for you ?!
Nice !
If for any other reason....that is one to keep him around ! :)