Saturday, May 31, 2008

School is out for the summer!!!

So last night Steve had his dream party. As a lot of you know because you were there, we had a party for the kids and their friends for the end of school. I realize that I am a party planner and I really love to have and plan a party... well this one guys was ALL Steve. Let's back up a bit. In October for our Haunted House that we have with the Demann's Steve bought some fog machines (you don't have to tell me... I know my husband is a nerd). After the Haunted House he was so excited to use them again. He said "Jennica... at the end of the school year we are going to have a HUGE dance party with all of the kids and their friends." My first thought, honestly, was "yippy, I get to entertain 50 sixth graders and some straggling kids from all other age groups with no parents". As it got closer it just seemed like a lot of work. Well I decided to help him for the sake of our kids because they were so excited. I was nervous. As we were getting ready yesterday I was a little crabby (okay... maybe a lot). But, by the time the party started and kids (and LOTS OF PARENTS TOO) started coming I started to get more and more excited. I guess looking back I just didn't want nobody to show up to Steve's party and it to be a flop. SO NOT THE CASE!

I am not sure of how many people ended up coming. BUT there was A LOT! Steve played all kinds of music... we had a bounce house... we had dancing (with Mom's, Dad's & Kids galore). We only had a couple of little casualties with scrapped (or dug out) knees. All in all it was great.

I just want to thank EVERYONE for your tremendous help. Thanks for the bounce house donations, food, clean-up, chair moving, table donating etc, etc, etc! Trent Smith... Thank you, thank you, thank you for hanging out with Steve ALL afternoon and helping put things together and oh yeah... MOWING MY LAWN! Thank you Dean Morrell, Mogie DeMann and others for all of your clean up. I would also like to publicly thank Steve for making such a FANTASTIC Memory for our kids and their friends.



We were so exhausted by the end of the night... some of us couldn't even wait to go inside to bed!
We had many many many requests for next year too. We will just have to have a "second annual School is out party!!!".

10 comments:

Julie said...

The party was Rockin. I didn't want it to end. Thanks for going through all the hard work and crabby moments for us. We will never forget it. I can't wait for Kelly to blog. She has some pretty sweet pics of the night. Thanks again...you guys are the best.

Lisa said...

IT WAS A BLAST!! TO QUOTE MY SON WHO IS WISE BEYOND HIS YEARS -"CAMERON REALLY KNOWS HOW TO THROW A PARTY!!!"

THANK YOU BOTH FOR SUCH FUN FUN MEMORY FOR THE KIDS (AND PARENTS)!!!

Jenn said...

We had a blast, my only wish is that Kyle and I did not embarass our kids too much.
It was a way fun night, thanks for being the daring party people and pulling this off.

Leigh and Buck said...

Sounds like it was an awesome party!! My invitation must have gotten lost! See you next year!

Natalie said...

It was a great party! My kids had tons of fun. In fact, I took a picture of them crying in the car as we tried to leave. They wanted to stay forever! Steve did a great job on the music. You guys did a fantastic job. Next year we'll have to stay for the dancing!

amberjill said...

wow! Looks like a fun party! I feel for you, Jennica! I married a nerd too! Any opportunity to set up DJ equipment and pretend to be cool. He is all over it! Party like it's 1999!! SWEET!

K J and the kids said...

I think I crashed the wrong party.
They had a car radio on and a fridge in the garage stocked with some soda. There was a few people standing around and they kept looking at me funny....but I get that A LOT so it didn't throw up any red flags !
DANG IT ! I so wished we could have made it to the right house. It sounds like you all throw a KILLER party ! Next year. next year for SURE :)

Jenn W. said...

Looks like the party was a blast! You and Steve always know how to throw a great party! :) Jenn W.

Jenn W. said...

Looks like the party was a blast! You and Steve always know how to throw a great party! :) Jenn W.

Anonymous said...

It was fun! Lets do it again!