Monday, November 5, 2007

Family "OUT" Evening...


Tonight we had family "out" evening... not family "home" evening. We decided to take the kids to the Joseph Smith Restoration movie. WOW! It doesn't matter how many times that I see it. It is just as good as the first. I love the testimony that I have of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I can't event believe what he went through to restore this church for us. I love, love, love the relationship that he and Emma had. What a great example of love, sacrifice, fun, spirituality, and respect that they teach us for our own marriages.

Our kids were amazing in the movie. Shawn just loved it especially when Joseph Smith was about his age at 13-14. Alyssa cried in the part where he was tarred and feathered, Cameron was ultimately worried when he almost got his leg amputated when he was about Cameron's age and Ashley was just concerned the WHOLE time. I told her a part that was about to happen and she said "Mom... how do you know? Did you see this movie before" I said that I had read the scriptures and they told me the stories. She thought that was pretty cool. She said when he was praying in the Sacred Grove... "Mom did you know that two white shiny guys and they're going to talk to him and one is Jesus?" I said "I know that" She said "I learned that too". I love that my kids have their own little testimony.

If you haven't taken the opportunity to take your kids to see it... GO! It was an amazing experience. I love our church. I love watching Me, Steve and our kids grow spiritually.

4 comments:

Julie said...

What a great mom you are...And you have great kids. Thanks for sharing your Family OUT Evening with us.

Natalie said...

Great family night activity. We've never taken our kids to see that movie. I think I need to do that.

Kelly said...

Did we see that movie together before? I seem to remember you guys coming with our ward activity. Great movie, although a little intense for little ones, I thought.

natalie spratling said...

great fhe or foe. we loved the movie.we saw it when we were down visitng.