Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend Update...

Oh my gosh. I am sorry that I haven't updated. We have had a week of "giving thanks". It started out with last Saturday my Dad's Uncle Donny came in town from Seattle. Then the weekend... then Tuesday my family from Phoenix came in town.

Wednesday a whole lot of getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner for 38 people.

Thursday - Saturday:

~A LOT of EATING (big breakfasts, left over lunches and big dinners & tons of homemade pie)
~Playing every board game
~A lot of coloring
~Watching tons of movies
~Eating
~Guitar Hero playoffs
~Talking, Talking, Talking
~Did I mention eating
~Every day we would get to my parents to hang out with all 38 of us at about 10:00am and we would bring pj's and go home around 1:30am.

I think that the high light of the whole weekend was when we all sat around my parents living room and my Grandpa sang & played songs that he had written for my grandma and the family. It was super cool. They (grandpa & grandma) then told everyone how they met (we have heard it a million times but we still LOVE it). Then they asked all of us in age order to recount the days of us meeting and falling in love with our spouse. What a great time. Even the kids stayed around to listen. We sat there and laughed, cried, and laughed some more.

I know that everyone thinks that they have the best family. It is really just great to be one of those people who think their family is the best. I love every weird one of my family. I can't think of anyway that I would change any of them.

Here are some of the highlights in pictures.






6 comments:

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun. There is no way I could get my husband to spend THAT much time with my family.

Natalie said...

It sounds like you had a great holiday. I love that your family shared how they met and fell in love. I don't know if I know how all of my family met. That would make for a great conversation. Don't you just love Guitar Hero? We have 1,2,&3 and we cannot play them enough. It's terribly addicting!

Annie said...

What a weekend!!! Family is the best! And the food is pretty good too. We had 14 pies for 19 people...wonder why I am the way I am:)

Kelly said...

That sounds like an incredible holiday. And your parents house is the perfect place to host it! We bought a game this weekend called Boogie (for the Wii) that is like guitar hero only for singing and dancing. It's pretty fun - especially for family get togethers like this!

natalie spratling said...

what a great thanksgiving and spending time with the family. My problem is that we continue to eat as if it was thanksgiving..just trying to slow down before Christmas gets here.

Anonymous said...

I want guitar hero! Everyone keeps talking about it. How fun!