Saturday, March 15, 2008

50's Day...


So Yesterday was 50's day at school. My girls usually get into it. Ashley was so excited and couldn't wait to wear her cute poodle skirt. Shawn and Cameron actually usually want to get into it too. Well this year I thought that for sure Shawn wouldn't get in to it... at all. He woke up today and asked what he should wear for 50's day. I asked "are you sure that you want to dress up? I mean are your friends?" He said "Mom, I really don't care if I am the only one in the class that dresses up - I will look cool". Okay I am thinking "Wow that is confidence" obviously something that I don't have because I would have MADE SURE ALL of my friends were dressing up with me. He is a good kid... he, so far, has his head on straight.

Well all of them looked really cute. I love 50's clothes. I think that it would be fun to dress like this everyday and dance around and sing along like in "Grease" everyday. I know that is how it was back then... just like "Grease".

What a fun day for them.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to take pictures on this day! I didn't make it over to the school during the contests. I wish I had. I love 50's day pictures!

Jeri said...

how fun!

Julie said...

It sounds like Shawn needs to help Abe understand that you can totally be cool and you don't need your friends to define it for you. I really do love your kids.

Natalie said...

Your kids look great!

jenn said...

They looked great i bet they had a great time!

Jenny said...

I Love Shawn's hair. Cute skirts too!!!