Monday, March 3, 2008

San Diego... Part Two

So I am officially DONE with the company trip for 1 more year. Well not really but it sounded good. I have to start planning next years trip now BUT it is still a year away. This year we had 189 people on the trip... next year we will probably have close to 400 people with the most recent merger. WOW! I guess that keeps me having a job.

Friday - We flew there early (8:00am). We watched Prison Break on the way there... yes you could say that we are addicted. We checked into the hotel and they said to "Mr & Mrs Cameron and Mr & Mrs Murray we have upgraded your rooms for you. Okay well pretty dang cool but they do this every year... so off we go to the rooms. We get on the elevator and ours is on floor 19... the top floor. OK fun. We get to our room and the door says "Governors Suite" OK intriguing. We open the door and it is HUGE. It has 2 full bedrooms and baths, kitchen, dining area and a huge living room. So we called my Mom and Dad and they just had a regular Jr Suite. We told them that we would trade them... they said no. They liked their room. So we got to stay in the Governors Suite... fancy! We decided to cancel Jarred & Rachelle's room and save the money and have them stay in ours. We had so much fun. When we first walked off the elevator the security guard wasn't going to let us even on the floor - not until we gave him our room number did he believe that we were staying on that floor. They only had 2 rooms on the whole floor - Presidents Suite and Governors Suite. FUNNY!

We went straight to lunch and then to the San Diego Temple. I love that temple. We were 5 minutes late for the session so we decided to just do initiatorys. We each did 10 names. What a great experience going to the temple out of state. They are so much more laid back. I met some of the greatest little old ladies. I love to hear their life stories and they always seem to want to talk about their life. I love it.

Friday night is when all of my siblings came in. They don't usually come on the company trip but they did this time. We went to eat at our standard vacation Friday night Hard Rock Cafe. Then waled around the shops.

Saturday we went to the Air & Space Museum. I always like going to those. We also hung out in the Lobby of the hotel a lot to just see how all of the employees were doing. I love to see the employees just "letting their hair down - so to speak" and having a great time with each other.

Saturday night we went to eat at Osetra's Fish House. The appetizers and salad were awesome. The dessert was pretty good but the actual dinner was just okay. We ate there 3 years ago and it was FABULOUS but they just changed to new owners. They used instant mashed potatoes. UGH! I am not sure if it was because we had so many people or what... but YUCK! The steak was pretty good. Just not cooked how I like it.

Sunday was the Brunch... wow - so dang good.

Here is some of the things that they had:
Omelet station
Waffle & Crepe station
Sushi Bar
Pasta
Salad Bar
Fruits
Desserts
Muffins, Rolls etc.
and lots more

All in all the trip turned out really great but when I get home I am super done working. I love when it turns out great though. I love our employees and the people that they bring. The concierge told me that she always bases every group off of ours because we have such a fun friendly group... she always looks forward to us. What a nice compliment to our people. We are a great group. I will post pictures as soon as I unpack and find my camera.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow - really that sounds like a great trip and from the pictures - very memorable.

Kelly said...

Next time you are in San Diego, go eat at Dick's Last Resort. It's an adventure! I can't believe you can pull this off for this many people. I can't get my mind around how you can plan this sort of thing! I'm impressed.

Annie said...

I agree about Temple's in other states...much more laid back! I'm glad you had a good time!

Lisa said...

That sounds like a lot of fun and hard work. Kudos for pulling it off once again.
I am glad you finished your blog - just have the title was such a teaser.

K J and the kids said...

You know that concierge is paid to say things like that. Just like she was paid to wear that Kimono wrap thing :) ha ha
I LOVED dinner. EVERYTHING was to DIE for.

Oh and I noticed no mention of the shower of bullets. :) Maybe next time.

You do such a great job. I hope your dad takes you someplace nice....like Hawaii.

OH..OH..OH and WHERE do you THINK you are going to lose weight again ?
I was confused when I saw you. Will she cut her hair I thought to myself.
and then I swore at you under my breath again.

;)

Natalie said...

What a big event to pull off! I'm glad it went well.

jenn said...

Good food, friends, family and fun times sounds like it was a success! Good job at your job...

Hey for practice why don't you plan a friends getaway small scale of course.

Your the party planner extradinaire! (sp?)