Thursday, March 6, 2008

A cute conversation with Miss Alyssa...


At dinner tonight...

Alyssa: "Well Mom, I finally broke up with CJ"

insert... for those of you that don't know... CJ is Ms. McLellands (Alyssa's first grade teacher) son. They met when she was in her class. He is a year older than her. He doesn't go to our school. They have been "in love" since the day that they met. He even wrote a book about her. They exchange Valentines... you know the whole bit. It really is kind of cute. She is even taller than him. They keep in touch with each other through Ms. McLelland and me. They see each other once or twice a year.

back to the story...

Mom: "You did? How?"

Alyssa: "I told Ms. McLelland, I said Ms. McLelland I need to tell you something... please don't be mad. I need to break up with CJ... I am really sad but we don't see each other or anything... It is just hard"

Mom: "Oh sweetie... how do you feel now?"

Alyssa: "A lot more sad than I thought I would. I mean I really thought that I liked other boys to but I already miss him"

(I am trying to be as serious as can be with her at this point by the way... It was hard not to smirk)

Mom: "Breaking up is hard. Do you think that you did the right thing?"

Alyssa: "I think so"

Now the drive home... she sits in the back and listens to her IPod... we get home and everyone gets out of the car but her... I look in to see what she is doing... She is SOBBING!!! Really SOBBING!!!

Mom: "Oh my heck sweetie... what is the matter? Why are you crying so hard?"

Alyssa: "I just miss him... I really thought that I had done the right thing... I don't think that I did. Will you tell Ms. Mclelland with me that I made a mistake? Can you do that... break up and un-break up"

Mom: "Sweet Heart... let's just say a prayer about it and see how we feel about it tomorrow? Is that a good idea?"

Alyssa: "Ya... that will probably help!"

If this is how the next... oh uh 10-15 years are I am in for some serious therapy... I felt like I had just broke up with one of my boyfriends in high school.

It was kind of cute though. I will have to let Ms. McLelland know what a special boy she has. I am sure she already knows.

8 comments:

Andrea Griggs said...

That's just precious. How old is Alyssa?

Jeri said...

oh man! serious therapy is right. (So adorable at this point though)

Natalie said...

Ahh yes. The ups and downs of young love. Good luck with the un-break-up!

Lisa said...

Oooh - poor Alyssa. She is such a sweetheart! Hopefully everything will work out for the best. Give a hug from me.

katie said...

Um....i agree. I'm really scared for the coming 5-20 years!

natalie spratling said...

oh the life of a little girl. We're trying to put that off for as long as possible.

Julie said...

Wow...and you know how serious those feelings are to her. It feels like the most important thing in your life when your that young. I remember. She will make it through the teens just fine. She has a big heart.

Anonymous said...

i'm chuckling... cute girl... I haven't gone here... My Jess is just not like that. yeah your in for it!