Friday, March 7, 2008

"Down in the Dumps"


So a couple of months ago Alyssa tried out for a small play. She had to sing a solo to try out. She sang Faith Hill's "Fire Flies". She did so great. She ended up getting the part of one of the lead girls (a tomboy). She was super excited. The play wasn't the best quality or anything but she LOVED it. It has been a really great opportunity for her. She has been to practices each week for months, memorized her parts, and sung a little solo. Tonight was the play. It was called:

"DOWN IN THE DUMPS"

She was so nervous. She did a FABULOUS job. I was super proud of her. She really likes performing in plays and musicals. She is good at it.

I couldn't get really great pictures of her in the actual play (I forgot to bring my external flash) I will get some tomorrow night. I did take some before and after shots. I can't believe my little princessy tomboy is growing up.

7 comments:

jenn said...

She is a darling girl, and talented too! Before long she will forget all about oh, whats his name, as boys will be knocking down her door!

Hopefully for your sake later than sooner!

Julie said...

She looks so great! I am sure she did a wonderful job. I think she has such a pretty voice.

Jenny said...

How fun. She looks so cute. Where did she get her voice from you or Steve??

Jennica said...

Her voice... for sure... Steve.

Kelly said...

Way to go Alyssa! There's no high like performing, and I'm glad she's got the bug. Jennica- you didn't give me a link to Jenn Korth's blog.

Lisa said...

Alyssa - Congratulations!!! Jennica - hello our family would have LOVED to go to the play, as we love Alyssa........ I wish we would have known.

I am sure she did awesome - she looks so cute and happy!

Natalie said...

Congrats Alyssa! That's so neat that she was in her first play. She looks adorable in the pictures. I want to be invited to the next play she does.