Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy 21st Birthday Jelissa!

Today is my baby sisters 21st birthday. First of all that is just weird. I remember so well the day that she was born. I was in the 7th grade. My mom had been in the hospital for about seven weeks already and we had no idea when she would have the baby. We also didn't know what she was having (I REALLY WANTED ANOTHER BROTHER SO I WOULD BE THE ONLY GIRL AND SPOILED - I know that is terrible to admit). While I was in P.E. at Riverview Jr. High I got a call to come down to the office, I thought that I was in trouble. They said that I had a phone call and it was my Dad. He told me that my Mom had the baby and it was a GIRL... What that messes up my whole plan of being spoiled. Me being a spoiled brat already... I didn't even want to go and see her. I reluctantly went and when I picked her up and saw her for the first time... I was in love. She was so stinking cute. Black Black hair, dark brown eyes, and chubby cheeks.

We are 13 years apart. Just in the last couple of years have I not seemed so OLD to her (she was only 8 years old when I got married). We are such good friends now. I really love her even though she isn't a boy (I am glad by the way). She is a tomboy. Any thing a boy can do she can do it MUCH better. She is super beautiful... outside and in.

I am glad to be her big sister.

For her 21st birthday today we went to eat at Hagermann's Bakery for lunch. We then went shopping. After I went to Savers for some seriously ugly dress up clothes for a surprise for her. Then we went to dinner at Johnny Carino's with about 25 of us. After we went to Momentum (next to Sandy REI) and went rock climbing. I have never been. It was so much fun. Here are a few pictures.

This first one is Jelissa. Happy Birthday Jelissa!






6 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun all-day celebration! Happy birthday to your sister. She's a cute girl!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are close to her now despite the age gap. I always worry about that with my own kids. That looks like a super fun place to party. Happy birthday Jelissa!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Jelissa! I love that you always take pictures with your Mom, Dad and siblings. What a fun birthday celebration.

So what did you end up getting her?

Jenny said...

Looks like fun. I have not been rock climbing in a long time.

newsinaminute said...

I love the friendship you have with your sister and all your family--my sisters are my best friends and my daughters are also best of friends with each other.
I love that ------also
I'm glad Hayley is a friend with Jelissa...hope her b-day was fun.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Jelissa! It looks like a fun party. I bet your kids loved rock climbing.