Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter 2008!



I LOVE EASTER!

I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and the Atonement. I am thankful for repentance. I am glad that I can be forgiven of my sins. I am glad that we have chosen to teach our kids about Jesus Christ and his great church... we need all the help we can get in raising them.

I hope you all had a great Easter.

We got up and the Easter Bunny had come... the kids had a small egg hunt. Then they opened their Easter baskets. They each got a new pair of shorts and a t-shirt, and a pair of shoes, and some candy and then as a family the Easter Bunny brought three movies... The Legend of Johnny Lingo, Enchanted & Meet the Robinson's.

I love Easter clothes. I still love getting a new Easter dress from my Mom. She buys my kids their Sunday Easter clothes. This year we chose brown and pink. I thought that the boys & Dad looked super handsome and the girls looked so cute. Of course I am a little partial.




We went to church and Dan & Linda Anderson (Brian Anderson's parents) spoke. It is always fun to hear from them. They are super spiritual, great people. In Relief Society Kelly Taeoalii taught. She is the cutest, greatest teacher. You really feel like standing up in the middle of her lesson and cheerleading, doing kart wheels and jumping up and down and screaming hallelujah (I know wrong church), She is just that fun. I love listening to her.

After church went to my Mom & Dad's for dinner. We had Steve's Mom & Dad come over too. We ate Honey Baked ham (marinated in pineapple juice & brown sugar, then heated), red potatoes, strawberry spinach salad with homemade lime dressing, rolls, asparagus with cheese sauce, broccoli, and fruit. For dessert we had Strawberry shortcake with real homemade whipping cream.

We were super stuffed but when we got home we made homemade popcorn and watched "Meet the Robinson's". What a cute show with a good message to "always keep trying". A good thought on Easter sunday. Remember the Atonement and "always keep trying".

14 comments:

Jenny said...

I love brown and pink together. Your kids look so darling. You are not just partial.

Cindy said...

So color coordinated and well planned. I relly like that about you. Sounds you you had a great day-You certainly deserve it. Your posts are always wonderful.

Natalie said...

I love the Easter outfits. Your dress is really cute. Your dinner sounds yummy! I'd love to see you do the RS cartwheel. That would be funny!

Andrea Griggs said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute pictures! You have such a beautiful family-I love the Easter outfits!

DeDee said...

I am glad I am not the only one who like the whole family to be matchy-matchy. Cute fam...

jenn said...

I am amazed that you are able to all match your sunday attire each Sunday. You all looked great this easter!

Julie said...

Everyone looks awesome! I never thought about the Atonement when watching Meet the Robinson. Very Insightful. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest outfits every Sunday!!! Especially Easter!!!

Lisa said...

Cute!! I love the girls dresses! Ok the dinner sounds soooo good and now I am hungry.....

natalie spratling said...

Such a cute family! I also love this time of year. A time of hope and rebirth. Great reminder to always keep trying. Have a great day.

K J and the kids said...

Everyone looks very cute. How great that your mom still buys you an Easter dress. :)
I have to go now...I'm hungry for red potatoes, asparagus and strawberry spinach salad.

Annie said...

Um, is Shawn taller than you? Holy cow I think he is! Good looking family:)

Mogie said...

quite the photogenic family. thanks for the invite.

nicole said...

Jennica, could your family BE any cuter? It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. Your dinner is making me hungry and next time I watch "Meet the Robinson's" I'll have a new perspective!

I'm so glad I can view your blog now!