Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1st time at the Temple...


Today the young men and young women in our ward went to the Temple to do Baptisms for the Dead. This was Shawn's first time going so just like with anything our kids do for the first time I was super excited for him to do it. I even took pictures. He said to me as I was taking pictures "Mom you are such a nerd... do we have to take pictures?" I of course said "Yes! Deal with it!" He came home really excited. He thought that it was so much fun. He wants to do it soon again. Someday when he looks back, maybe he will like the pictures.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love his suit!

Natalie said...

He looks very handsome. I loved taking our YW to the temple for baptisms for the dead. The spirit that these kids have is awesome!

Lisa said...

All I can say is "OOOOOhhhhhh" I still remember him sound asleep on Steve's forearm ... I can't believe he is going to the Temple.

Way to go Shawn...

Jenn said...

Wow he is getting old, guess that makes you old too...LOL

Can you even believe the day has come when one of your kids can go to the temple, sheesh how the time flys.

Very neat, I bet he will always remember his "first" time.

Jenn said...

Wow he is getting old, guess that makes you old too...LOL

Can you even believe the day has come when one of your kids can go to the temple, sheesh how the time flys.

Very neat, I bet he will always remember his "first" time.

Annie said...

I can't believe it. I feel so old!!!

Cindy said...

Shawn just gets more handsome all the time. He really is a great kid. You are a dedicated blogger and I appreciate how you keep up. What an amazing person you are.