Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cameron's Baptism



Today was Cameron's Baptism. What a great day. It is such a blessing to me to have a son who has the desire to be baptized. He has such a sweet testimony. He talked to me about getting baptized last night and he was so nervous. He said he doesn't like to have people watching him like that he was scared. Well he did great.

We got to the church at about 1:50pm... the baptism started at 2:00pm. So running late (or crazy). When we got there we realized that the other ward had emptied the font and moved the chairs. We were told that it can take up to 2 hours to fill the font... uh ok, what in the world were we to do with everyone dressed up in church clothes and waiting while the font filled? So we turned it on and waited, waited, and waited. We finally decided to start with the LOUD noise of the water. We turned it off as soon as it was barely high enough for him to be dunked.

Here was the program:
Baptismal Service
For
Cameron Mitchel Murray
June 7, 2008

Conducting Bishop John Fackrell
Pianist Sister Julia Richardson
Chorister Sister Catrina Leffel

Opening Song “When I am Baptized”
Opening Prayer Robert Cameron (Great Grandpa)

Baptism Talk Shawn Murray (Brother)

Song: “I am a Child of God" Alyssa & Ashley Murray (Sisters)

Cameron Baptized by Steven Murray (Dad)

Musical Interlude

Holy Ghost Talk Michael Cameron (Grandpa)

Cameron Confirmed by Steven Murray (Dad)

Remarks Bishop John Fackrell

Closing Song “Teach me to walk in the Light”
Closing Prayer Glenn Peterson (Grandpa)

Witnesses:
Jarred & Josh Cameron (Uncles)

It was such a great service. My favorite parts of the service (I had a couple):

~ When Cameron was baptized and gasped from the freshly filled font being so cold after he was dunked under.
~ When Shawn spoke like a young man... not a child
~ When Cameron held my hand the whole time that he sat by me. He played with my rings, he does that when he is nervous.
~ When all of the priesthood holders went up to the front to give Cameron the gift of the Holy Ghost. What a great sight to see.
~ Seeing my husband baptize and confirm our son.

We had a great lunch after the service.
We ate:

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Macaroni Salad
Fruit Salad & Dip
Veggies & Dip
Chips & Dip... obviously we like dip OK.
Drinks
and Desserts

I am very thankful that I have a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood. I am happy to see our son make the right decision to be baptized. Today was a really great day.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations to Cameron. I bet that water was super cold. Something he will never forget.

Lisa said...

Congratulations Cameron! Sorry we had to run to make it to McKade's also.

What a great experience for our boys to see two baptism's in one day!

My favorite part of Cameron's Baptism:

The Smith's and our family arrived at the same time, we walked into the church and barely through the door - your CUTE Grandma runs up "New families - who belongs to who, let's get a picture!" I love her!! How many times have I heard that - she is the cutest lady ever!

Grandma sang the opening song with a big smile on her face and a few times leaned into your Grandpa and smiled so sweetly - she was so proud! I love your Grandma!!

Anonymous said...

Cute... Congrats to Cameron!

Julie said...

Congrats Cameron! What a good lookin 8 year old he is. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We love your family.

Jenn said...

Congrats, what an awesomely crazy but still special day. Having to wait to fill the font, and going in the cold water, will be a funny memory to him in years to come. You have a cute family!

DeDee said...

What a fun and special day! I'm glad it turned out so great!

amberjill said...

your family is so cute! got any left over dessert? :)

Natalie said...

Congrats to Cameron. What a proud day for you and your family!

Jennica- I love the cute pictures of Cameron and I especially love the family picture at the end. I'm glad it was a great day and that the font/water situation worked out ok.

Jeri said...

It seems like just yesterday that Tim I I drove up to be at Cameron's baby blessing. (me big, fat, and very uncomfortable pregnant - just two weeks from giving birth to Aaron)

Where has the time gone???

Annie said...

Congrats Cameron!! You look so very handsome!!!

Andrea Griggs said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Congratulations, Cameron!

Mandy said...

What a special day for your family.Congratulations Cameron! What an awesome family you have there to support you!

Amy Lou said...

I am sorry we missed it Jennica, we were out of town. It sounds and looks like a very special day. Congratulations Cameron!