Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our "finished" Basement!

We are MOSTLY finished with our basement! Steve has done so much work down there. He designed it, did the electrical, plumbing, touch up painted, tiled the bathroom... the list goes on and on and on. I am so proud of him and his great work. We took the boys to Home Depot to get the paint swatches for the painter a couple of months ago. I wanted my boys to get to pick their very own colors so I am warning you... the only ones that we picked were the hall and the theater chocolate browns. Shawn picked a dark orange (he is doing an African Art theme). Cameron picked dill pickle green (he is doing a soccer theme). Here are a few pictures. You will have to come and see it to get the best idea.





I am proud of Steve... he really is a handy Man!

Thank you Babe... I love you!

13 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I TOO am so proud of Steve. NICE theater room.
I personally like the green and orange :) way to punch up those colors boys.

Twisted Sister said...

Gorgeous basement... we are just starting ours, and maybe quitting before we even begin at this point.

BTW I loved every paint color. Loved them.

Lisa said...

It looks awesome! I loved the colors when I saw them. I love love love the smell of fresh laid carpet... how fun!

Natalie said...

Everything looks great. I like the boys' paint color choices. I can totally see the vision of soccer and african art. Good job, Steve!

Andrea Griggs said...

It looks wonderful! I'm totally impressed you did it all yourselves.

Kelly said...

It's beautiful, Jenn. Like you guys would do anything less. I'm so happy you have a finished basement now.

DeDee said...

Wow...when's movie night? I'll bring the popcorn!

Jenn said...

I am so excited for you it turned out great! You will have lots of fun family memories shared in that cool basement!

Annie said...

I love the fun colors!!! Great job Steve! It's so nice having a husband that is handy!!!

Jenn W. said...

The basement looks great! I'm sure you are thrilled to have all that additional space for your family. Love the colors too!

Jenny said...

I love the pickle room!!

nicole said...

Wow! This looks GREAT! I bet you're so glad to have it finally finished! I can't wait to see it in person. Next Bonko I dub your house....chick flick baby!!

Dayna said...

I love that you let your boys pick the colors. I think it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it!