Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An added bonus to living where we do...

So I have mentioned how great my neighbors are, the awesome ward that we live in, the fact that we live in a circle, that I love my house and that we live right behind the school BUT the one exciting part that I haven't mentioned... We live right by by the freeway!!! So you are wondering what is so great about that right? Well tonight I was sitting here reading blogs (like I always do at night) Shawn & Alyssa were laying in Shawn's bed reading books, Cameron & Ashley were asleep and Steve was just getting home from doing something at our rental. I heard a LOUD screech... I mean loud... then a huge crash. I ran up stairs and Alyssa & Shawn heard it too. So we did what most normal people do... we all three got on the roof to see if we could see the wreck that had just happened out on the freeway by our house. Now you might think this is the first time for this... no we do it often for entertainment. We have seen (or heard) 5 semi trucks roll over. One of which we heard crash at 3:00am and it woke us up. That one we had to actually go out on the freeway to help the people. We helped them out of their semi (it was turned on its side) then waited with them until the cops & ambulance came. We really have an awesome view from our roof to see these exciting things.

At least now you know that it doesn't take
a whole lot to amuse me.

13 comments:

Natalie said...

We used to do that for entertainment too until they put in the sound wall. We still hear crashes, but we don't see anything...unless it's LifeFlight landing in my backyard. It always gets my adrenaline pumping when I hear a crash though.

Annie said...

everytime i drive by i think of you. i tell people i'm with that's where you live and they always ask if its nosiy. nope, its not. you do have a nice set up!

Lisa said...

I guess a little distance can really make a difference, I have never once heard a crash... I am outside all summer long and in 9 yrs I have never heard the screech or crash.

We can hear the ambulances after it happens. I have always wondered if anybody closer did... know I know.

Kelly said...

We can hear crashes. I remember hearing one really loud one around 3:00 a.m. and it was on the news the next morning- wonder if it was the same one?

katie said...

I'm impressed that you actually get on the roof. I hate heights.

Twisted Sister said...

You sound a little too excited about somebody else lying in a bloody mess on the freeway... :-)

Jenn said...

Pictures we want pictures! However please sensor the gory stuff!

From my house we hear the crashes but would have to run through the park and hop the sound wall to actually sneak a peek.

I am not that curious to put forth the effort!

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh!!! The only time we ever got to get up on the roof growing up was on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks.

K J and the kids said...

That is SOOOO cool.
I LOVE blood and guts.

DeDee said...

That sounds like it could even compete with people watching at Wal-Mart!

Dayna said...

I wish I lived by the freeway. I'm kind of feeling left out over here. Yeah, for sure take pictures, then we won't have to drive by slow to see it, we will just call you! LOL!

Ty Cameron said...

Rad story! Next time I come over there better be a good reck even if we have to cause it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I have never heard a crash! Wow.. maybe you need to call me so I can climb on your roof with you next time! But I would probably get light headed and fall off so maybe not.