Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Post 100 (or a little more)

Apparently there is a blogger tradition that when you reach 100 posts you are suppose to tell around 100 things about yourself. So here it goes...

Things about me:
1) I love my job of event coordinator but get I get nervous at my own parties at my house.
2) I love being a Mom MOST of the time, and would not change it for anything.
3) I am super sarcastic.
4) I love going on dates with my husband... especially when HE asks ME out!
5) I love the circle that I live in and have the greatest neighbors.
6) I am so glad that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I love my ward.
7) I love driving my Expedition except when I have to put $100 worth of gas in it.
8) I love a clean house but it is not my favorite thing to straighten it when it is a mess.
9) I love to read but I haven't read the Twilight series (I better hurry huh?)
10) I love to eat out but I also love to cook.

Guilty Pleasures:
1) Any sort of tortilla chips - Doritos, Chili's, etc.
2) DIET COKE - there is nothing like a Sonic drink with crushed ice.
3) Pedicures - Ahhhhh.
4) baths and reading every night.
5) Candy bars - although I hardly ever eat them.
6) Shopping - even if it is just for groceries
7) Scrapbooking - I just love the time alone (with girlfriends)
8) Sitting in the hot tub with Steve every night.
9) Jeans and a button up white crisp shirt on Steve
10) Mexican Food - everyday if I can.

Short and Long Term Goals:
1) Read at least one Chapter of the Book of Mormon each night.
2) Plan and put into action Chore Charts of some sort for my kids.
3) Clean out Kids rooms and make a HUGE D.I. trip... so we can move the boys downstairs with less junk.
4) Start some sort of exercise program besides Karate.
5) Go to the temple at least once a month and every other month with Shawn for baptisms.
6) Ride our bikes to eat with my parents at McDonald's on Saturdays
7) Learn to sew
8) Read the Book of Mormon more faithfully with the family
9) We get carpet in the basement tomorrow - So more the boys down there with NO junk (ya... right)
10) Be a nicer Mom.

Favorites:
1) Color: red, pink & brown
2) Movie: The Notebook
3) Video game: Tetris
4) Candy: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (or anything peanut butter)
5) Jewelry: Wedding Ring
6) Job: Christopherson Travel - event coordinator
7) Car: Lincoln Navigator - Black
8) TV Show: Prison Break
9) Cartoon: Flintstones
10)Smell: Kids right after a bath or a brand new baby

Ten things to do once a month:
1) Go Scrapbooking
2) Go to a movie with Girlfriends
3) Date night with Family
4) Pay Bills
5) Take a look at budget
6) Go to the Temple
7) Clean out the inside of my car
8) Get a Pedicure
9) Date night with my Husband
10) Write Thank You notes to people I appreciate.

Things I hate:
1) Liars
2) Laundry
3) Death
4) Bills
5) Feeling overwhelmed

Places I would like to go:
1) Sea World (Steve and the kids have never been)
2) Nauvoo
3) Australia
4) Iceland
5) Germany
6) Scotland
7) Ireland
8) Egypt
9) Tahiti
10) New England States with Steve (he has never been there)

Memories I would like to write down to share:
1) November 9. 1995
2) The relationship that I have with Steve
3) November 9, 1996
4) April 26, 1996
5) April 17, 1998
6) June 5, 2000
7) May 14, 2002
8) May 5, 1997
9) The relationship that I have with my Parents & Siblings
10) The relationship that I have with my girlfriends

Ten things in my purse:
1) wallet
2) lip gloss
3) felt tip markers & scrapbooking markers
4) gum
5) crumbs
6) kid toys (cars or Polly Pockets)
7) more crumbs
8) my trusty notebook that I use for everything
9) cell phone
10) loose change

Things to do today:
1) Tend Brooklyn and Tylar Mills
2) Pick up dry cleaning
3) Go to PO Box to get Redrock mail
4) Fold 4 loads of laundry
5) Clean up basement for Carpet that is coming tomorrow
6) Clean house
7) Buy Alyssa's friend Rachel a birthday gift
8) Get Shawn to the temple with young men & young women
9) Clean out car & vacuum
10) Figure out something for dinner

So that took way longer than I thought it would. Now I can go try to get some things on my forever long to-do list done!

7 comments:

Julie said...

You have had a great life, Jennica. You are a great mother adn wife and Latter Day Saint. Thanks for being a good example to me.

Jeri said...

hey - if you need help hauling away those darling clothes that your kids always wear... give me a holler - I'd love to help you put those to good use:)

Tim works up that direction and I"d be more than happy to have him swing by on his lunch hour and he could save you the trip to DI. (and save me from having to go shopping - which I HATE to do!)

Annie said...

I can't figure out why every woman I know doesn't like to do laundry but me! It is my favorite chore. There is nothing better than empty hampers!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Jenny said...

I am surprised that you have not read the Twilight series!!! I find it rather shocking.

Natalie said...

That's fun to read about you. As I read your list I keep going, "Yeah, me too" to most of those. It's no wonder we're friends!

K J and the kids said...

Thanks for sharing a little bit more about yourself. I didn't know you did Karate ? Or is this the same thing as kung fu fighting at bedtime, driving in traffic, homework time...if so..me too :)

Lisa said...

I love your 100+ post, same as Natalie - I was like ME TOO! We were meant to find eachother.

You better get started on the Twilight series -- August is the newest book and the big girl sleepover.

Annie - how many kids do you have? I loved doing laundry when I just had two - pretty sure in the time I sat here the baskets that were empty when I started are no more.