Thursday, June 19, 2008

Christopherson Travel work party...


Yesterday was my summer party at work. As most of you know I am in charge of the events at Christopherson Travel. I really love it. This is the party that all of the employee's get to invite a spouse or guest and their own children. We had 230 people last night. We went to Fat Cats at the Pizza Factory. We rented the whole place out and at dinner there too. When we first get there they put out pizza after pizza after pizza, salad, bread twists and a whole bunch of different drinks. We brought in Paradise Bakery Cookies which to me are awesome cookies.

The other thing that we do is we buy prizes for the party. This time I did it a little different. I bought a prize for each of the kids under 15 years old. They had a choice of a soccer ball, foot ball, basketball, jump rope, or a bat & ball. We bought 70 of those prizes. Then for the adults 16 and older we bought 2 prizes per lane. I ended up with about 75 adult prizes. A few of the prizes were: Car wash bucket, movie bowl with popcorn & treats, gardening pail, picnic, coolers filled with treats & drinks, lots of board games, etc, etc, etc. We have a lot of fun buying them. The people at Target always think we are crazy - I should take pictures next time... it is pretty funny to see our carts.

I know most of the American population works full time but after a party I am always even more thankful that I am a (mostly) stay at home Mom. Monday I worked 9 hours, Tuesday I worked 8 hours, and Wednesday I worked 13 1/2... I was super done. Today I only worked about 1 1/2 hours. Then tomorrow we have our June Birthday lunch and we are doing it for about 60 people. I get to work tomorrow until about 2pm. I am fairly tired today.

Back to the party... My kids LOVE this party! It actually ruins the fun of Fat Cats for every other time we go there because at this party they can go up to Grandpa Mike and ask for dollar bills for the games, we get our lane from 6p - 9p straight even if they leave to go play somewhere else for a bit, they also get to run wild without Mom & Dad chasing after them the whole time. Most of the employees know who they are and the kids know them too. They are always excited to see a certain few and go up to hug them. It is just a good party and a really great group.





BUT... by the end I feel like the Barbie on Toy Story 2 (Tour Guide Barbie) at the very end while the credits are rolling... "Are they gone yet... are they gone? Great because my cheeks are killing me from smiling!".

What a fun night!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Lots of hard work, but you love it! What a fun party! Christopherson has the best parties!

Natalie said...

I can only imagine your carts full at Target. What a fun party! I love, love, love bowling at Fat Cats. The Toy Story comment made me laugh.

DeDee said...

Sounds like so much fun! What a fun job. I love doing that kind of stuff...but it is exhausting in the end.

Dayna said...

I always wondered why I run into you at Target, every single time I am there. HA HA! I'll see you there on Tuesday @ let's say 11:00 a.m.:)