Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Update...

Our Weekend started out with Steve telling me on Thursday that we were hosting an Elders Quorum Dinner Friday Night at our house. Fun but I will have to change plans (we were suppose to have dinner with my Grandma who was in town from Phoenix and the rest of our Family).

Friday: We got up and took Cameron to his very first scout camp. Then I cleaned up and got the house ready for the evening party. I didn't understand exactly what the deal with Friday night was - all I knew was that we were having the Jeremy & Kelly Taeoalii, and Spencer & Erin Turner over for dinner. I did find out later that a few other couples in our Elder's Quorum were also "host couples". Each couple had 3 couples over and the idea is to get to know each other on a closer level rather than with a huge setting where you stay with in your comfort zone. I think that I like idea. Fir dinner we all brought our own meat to grill and then a side dish. We had strawberry spinach salad, potato salad, cut up fruit, and Chips. For dessert we ate "better than whatever" cake and peanut butter rice krispie bars.... MMMmmmm! They stayed until about 11:00pm. Dean & Jami's group saw us out side and came to talk and Trent & Julie came over to talk too. What a great plan and a fun fun evening. I know the Taeoalii's pretty well but I didn't know the Turner's very well - We had fun getting to know them.

Saturday: We got up very quickly when Alek Morrell knocked for his ride to Scout Camp with Cameron. I am so glad that he knocked - we slept right through the alarm. We got Cameron off to his scout camp. Shawn & Steve went to work together for an hour and a half. Then at 9:30am we met my brother Josh, My Mom & Dad at McDonald's for our Saturday Morning breakfast tradition. Then from there my Mom, and my two girls & I went to brave Costco the day before Father's Day (on a Saturday) while Shawn & Steve went to help my Dad and Brother's move something.

Then Steve and the Kids and I met back up at our house to get Steve, Shawn & Alyssa ready to go boating. We got their lunch, drinks and snacks and their swimming suits and towels (note we forgot sunscreen). Then we headed over to help the neighbors move in. We did that for a bit then Steve and the oldest two were off.

Ashley and I went to go Father's Day shopping. We ate lunch with just the two of us (she picked Arby's). We bought Steve's Dad's both a book on the Declaration of Independence (it was super cool). We also went in with all my siblings on game night for my Dad. We bought him a variety of board games that he didn't have - he has been really into this lately. For Steve we made a gift certificate for him to pick out a porch swing (I am pretty sure I will pick out the wrong one) and we bought him a huge supply of Garments (I know - EXCITING but it is what he wanted). We went and picked up Cameron then came home to wrap gifts.

Saturday Night: We went to dinner with Grandma and the whole family at The Training Table. It is always good there but I always feel so guilty after eating it.

After we went to Wal-mart to do a little shopping and to Harmon's. Steve wanted to grab a few things.

Sunday: Steve and I woke up early - because for whatever reason nether of us could sleep. He informed me that for Father's Day HE wanted to make breakfast. So I got up to help. This is why he wanted to go to the store Saturday night. We made yummy breakfast burritos, and crepes with fruit and whipped cream. We had Scott & Katrina Heath over because we had made SO MUCH FOOD! It was fun to sit and eat and visit while we were all still in our Jammie's.

Then we got ready and headed to church. What a great meeting. I loved hearing the cute kids sing for Father's Day. Each of the Men in the ward got a Candy Bar. We had a Relief Society lesson on Prayer. Joan Fackerall taught it. She is a great teacher.

After church we went to My Mom & Dad's house for a BBQ & swimming. We invited Steve's Mom & Step Dad and his Dad. It is always so nice to combine them together so we can sit and visit and stay as long as we want and not have to leave to go to in-law's houses.

The kids had a blast showing off in the pool for their Grandparents. They did flips and cannonballs off the diving board to see who could get us the most wet.

Steve helped my brother Jarred with something in my Parents mechanical room so Ashley & I went up and got in my parents bed and watched the news with them. I haven't done that since I was single. It was fun to sit with them like that again. Cameron fell asleep in the theater on a love sac and Shawn & Alyssa stayed up with the big kids (Jelissa & her friends).

We had a super busy, but fun weekend.

We ended it by tonight having Steve's real Dad over for dinner. The kids played in the sprinklers and then after we all sat down to make a HUGE list of activities for the summer. My kids are getting bored. I found a list that I had on hand that has a list of ideas from A to Z. Most of them are free. We can't wait to start taking our field trips.

I am super ready for bed tonight. GOODNIGHT!!!

7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I seriously don't understand how you are not 400 lbs. You must be a hacker...you throw up everything you eat, right ? COME ON !!! You do right ?
Eating "better than whatever "? I've never heard of it ? Does that mean it's better than everything ? even better than es,e,ex ? :)
You are so cute !

I wish that I didn't know you...then I could imagine that you are the size of a small bus and feel better about myself.

Glad you had a good weekend. Hope you managed to catch up on some sleep.

K J and the kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amberjill said...

HOLY CRAP!! How do you fit so much into one weekend? I thought I saw Ashley on Signing Time, but I've thought that about a lot of people's kids, and I was wrong! How fun! That is totally famous making!! :)

Natalie said...

Wow! That is a busy weekend. We'll have to swap ideas for bored kids. I've got a running list with ideas for my kids. We've done a lot already, but they're ready to do more.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! You and Natalie should post the lists on your blogs for all of us..

Jenn said...

Sheesh that is one busy weekend did you really fit in boating?

Julie said...

Seriously, you guys know how to live. Of course my husband would have started complaining at the busy schedule on Saturday morning. Breakfast traditions? I love it. He dislikes too many traditions. He is more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. You have such a great family. I always feel jealous that my kids aren't your parents grandchildren